Monday, October 13, 2008

Hammered

I woke up this morning feeling as though someone has beaten me around the head with a bottle of Pinot Gris. I'm quite sure that several people in the office think I was out painting the town wine coloured last night, but all I drank last night was about 3 glasses of water and a hot chocolate. So I'm quite lost as to the origins of my headache.

On a similar, yet not, topic I've come to the conclusion that I really love beating metal with a hammer. There's something very satisfying about forging metal - it's noisy, but I love the effects you can get on the surface and how the metal thins out to be more interestingly unpredictable in width.

I suppose forging is bit like having small children around. They're noisy and unpredictable too.

Ok, so beating metal with a blunt object really is probably nothing like having kids around at all.

Both, however, could be responsible for my headache though.

No comments: